Plan to climb Mount Dora!
Mount Dora Comearound, April 30 – May 7, 2018
Location: Mt Dora, FL (45 minutes north of Orlando) A quaint small town in an area of a large mossy oak trees, rolling hills and small lakes.
Arrive – Monday, April 30 Depart – Monday May 7
Correction to prior post:
Campground — Southern Palms RV Resort
Address 1 Avocado Lane, Eustis FL 32726
Phone (352) 357-8882
Dates arrival Monday April 30th
depart Monday May 7th
Location Pines Rally Section
Rate $28 per night — full hookups.
We will all be in a group in the PINES section.
Please mention the USNA RV Chapter Rally for a special rally Rate of $28 per night.
This is a HUGE discount over their normal $46 per night.
If you are coming early or later, see if they will give the rally rate.
They also have a GOOD SAM discount, and a military discount of 20% for retired military
They do not give these discounts on top of the rally rate,
All sites are full hookups, but some are 30 amp and some 50 amp.
They will probably want a deposit of one night when you make your reservation.
If you have any registration issues ask for Connie.
See you there — Dale Gange “70
Campground – Southern Palms RV Resort, Eustis, FL
- This campground has an indoor air-conditioned building for our group’s use. After all it is still Florida in May!
- Antique and Quaint Shops of Mt Dora
- German Bakery
- Winery Tour
- Horner Morse Museum w/ large Louis Comfort Tiffany exhibit
- Lake Dora Sunset Pontoon Boat Cruise
- Two planned group dinners in town
Business Tour – Inteplast Engineered Films manufacturing plant
- This Orlando plant produces film to extrude, print and convert into finished packaging.
Note: Disney/Universal Studios/etc are not in the planning. Attending these and similar area attractions are suggested as activities you may want plan before or after the Comearound.
« Key West 2018 update