Key West 2019 Gouge #1
Key West_2019 All Hands Gouge # 1
Dates: 4 – 11 Feb 2019
Location: Truman Annex, NAS Key West
Theme: Fun, Fellowship, Memories
Firsties: Tom and Rose Wolfe ‘70
phone: 703-503-1384 (home)
703-424-0739 (mobile – Tom)
703-424-0740 (mobile – Rose)
⇒⇒⇒ New for 2019
The following information is provided to assist chapter members who plan to attend the 2019 gathering in preparing for their journey.
- Gouge sheet for those attending Key West for the first time is posted on the Chapter’s web site, click on the hot link above to access.
- Key West “old salts” are welcome to review in case they want to refresh or are suffering from “senior moment” syndrome.
⇒⇒⇒ Extended stay privileges at our campsite on Truman Annex
- Extended stay privileges, as described below and subject to certain conditions (also listed) have been authorized for those wishing to arrive early or remain at our campsite after the come-around concludes.
- All Chapter members attending the come-around are eligible.
- Arrival at the Truman campsite is permitted as early as Sat, 2 Feb 2019.
- Remaining at the Truman campsite is permitted until Wed, 13 Feb 2019; campsite must be completely vacated no later than Wed, 13 Feb 2019.
- Members who participate in the extended stay are required to pay the normal nightly campsite fee for each night of their extended stay.
- Extended stay privileges will not impact the official dates of our event as stated above.
- The Chapter is deeply grateful to the CO NAS Key West and the MWR support staff for making these extended stay privileges possible.
⇒⇒⇒ Vertical exhaust stack for on-board generators (often referred to as Gen-turis) – good news, bad news story here:
- Good news – preliminary indications suggesting very large turnout for 2019! 😊
- Bad news – considering anticipated level of participation, we may have to pack ourselves a bit closer than in the past, especially if we should encounter wet field conditions.
- In the interest of both common sense and consideration for fellow campers, let’s all ensure that we have the ability to direct the exhaust from our on-board generators away from our next-door neighbors’ entry door and/or immediate surroundings.
⇒⇒⇒ Super Bowl party (Sun, 3 Feb 2019) – ad hoc activity for those arriving prior to 4 Feb.
- Snacks, munchies, etc. – BYO
- Location – at the tent
- Weather risk alert: It’s Feb in Key West, less than paradise-like weather conditions, i.e. cold and/or rainy, are possible.
- Due to date/time of this event, there is risk that we may have to view the game dressed in foul weather gear.
- We understand it happened several years ago. ☹
Camping at Sigsbee or Trumbo
- Reservations are required for stay at either campground if arriving prior to our event.
- Reservations can be made online at navygetaways.com or by calling 877-NAVY-BED.
- When guests transfer to Truman, the site will not be “lost” or “given” to someone else if they are planning to return to the campground from Truman.
- Additional information at Navy Getaways Campground.
Note – if someone wishes to assume role of event coordinator for the ad hoc Super Bowl party, firsties will not refuse your desire to assist. 😉
« Key West Newbie Gouge for 2019 Come Around