2019 Low Country Gouge
What: South Carolina Low Country/Semper Fi come-around
When: Apr 30 – May 5, 2019
Where: Beaufort, SC and vicinity.
Campground: Camp Lake Jasper campground, Hardeeville, SC. The campground has reserved 27 full-hookup sites for us as follows:
- Date of arrival: Tuesday, 30 April 2019
- Date of departure: Sunday, 5 May 2019
- Discounted nightly fee for these sites for our group is $51.75, tax included.
- If you should wish to remain beyond the departure date cited above, you should inform the campground office of your planned extended stay when you make your reservations for the event. The group rate cited above is applicable to your entire stay.
- There are also a limited number of lakeside sites available for our use at our group rate of $63.25/night, tax included.
- Each member will make his/her own reservation. Call the campground at 843-784-5200 and identify yourself as a member of the Naval Academy Alumni Association Rally. The first night fee is required as a deposit, with balance to be collected when you check in. The sites are being held for us until March 29, 2019.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE RESERVATIONS ONLINE. The sites reserved for our event are blocked in the campground’s online reservation system through March 29, 2019.
Firsties: Tom (’70) and Rose Wolfe, ably assisted by co-firsties Andy (’72) and Eva Wehrle
Planned activities at this time (Firsties to coordinate one or more activities with the USNA Alumni Association Low Country, SC chapter):
- Traditional Firstie arrival dinner
- MCRD PI
- Morning colors and graduation parade (Friday, 3 May 2019)
- Tour of MCRD PI (Thursday, 2 May 2019)
- Golf outing – looking for volunteer to coordinate
- Bike ride on the Spanish Moss Trail – looking for volunteer to coordinate
- Lunch or dinner at O’club
- Beaufort, SC historical tour
- Parris Island Museum
« 2019 Key West Final Plan of the Week