2019 Watts Barr TN Come Around POD 20190821
WATTS BAR COME AROUND POD
Mon 9/16/19 All Day Begin CA, arrivals set up at camp site
1600 Happy Hour, no planned appetizers but bring sides for the dinner
1700 Fish fry with sides brought by attendees
1900 Campfire and joke telling
1130 Depart campground for buffet lunch at Cumberland Mountain State Park
1230 Convoy over to Cumberland County Theater for 1300 matinee of Young Frankenstein.
After the show, dinner on your own in Crossvillle or Spring City on your way back from the show.
1900 Campfire and s’mores.
0900 Hearty Campsite Breakfast by the Wehrle’s at pavilion
1000 Board Meeting
1100 Business meeting, group photo
1200 White Elephant Auction
1500 No Bake Freezer S’more class with components provided by firsties.
1600 Happy Hour with appetizers by A thru G
1730 Pizza dinner provided by firsties.
1900 Campfire and solemn flag retirement ceremony
2000 Show off and enjoy your freezer s’mores after the flag retirement ceremony.
0900 Hike Piney Falls (shorter and easier) or Twin Rocks (moderate), convoy from our campsite
1200 Boat rides on Watts Bar Lake for those interested
1600 Happy Hour cocktail hour with 3 gallons of drinks provided, appetizers by H-N
1800 Pot Luck dinner at pavilion.
1900 Campfire and s’mores
0800 Convoy to Athens to bike the “Eureka Rail Trail” for those interested
Fri 1530 Happy Hour, very light appetizers by M-S
1730 Dinner at Carter’s Landing, Fooshee Marina, or Gus’s BBQ (TBD after we sample them again.)
1930 Campfire and s’mores
Sat 9/21/19 Your day to see the sights, take in the flea markets, cheese factory, Mayfield Dairy, firstie boat ride, etc
1500 Start Happy Hour early today, appetizers by S thru Z.
1700 Chili Cheese Hot Dogs and baked beans at the pavilion. BYO desserts
1900 Carpool to Jim and Lynne Connors home for grand finale fireworks show.
Sunset: Grand finale Fireworks extravaganza.
1. Those interested in a group hike on Piney Falls Trail please contact the firsties. Same location as Twin Rocks.
2. We’re planning on another big fireworks show this year. Fireworks will move to Friday night if bad weather is predicted Sat. We’ll serve chili cheese hot dogs and baked beans at the pavilion prior to the fireworks. Lots of parking in our driveway, tennis court lot, or neighbor’s driveway. Please avoid parking in the grass!
3. CA Fee should be approximately $25
4. We’ll set up boat rides on my neighbor’s large party boat for Thursday or Saturday, depending on weather. It is a beautiful lake for those interested. We’ll split up riders for two trips if enough people are interested.
5. Cocktail hour Thursday night will include a gallon each of pain killer, margarita, and Long Island Iced Tea. These are not made from a mix and will be strong, so please start out with small glasses.
6. We’ll have a table set aside for book swap, so bring your used books and trade with friends.
7. Bring your unwanted stuff for another fun auction, always one of the high points of the come-around.
« 2019 20th Anniversary Come Around After Action Report Posted (20190525)